The 10 worst things about public transport
In a recent Ford survey, it was found that, to many workers, their commutes are more stressful than their actual jobs. Here we explore the ordinary and the extraordinary reasons that a commute can go from bad to worse in a matter of minutes.
1) When aspiring free runners, acrobats or stuntmen try and bolster their machismo by racing the very train they’re currently on.
2) When health enthusiasts miss their morning Pilates and decide to play catch up before breakfast.
3) When people love their music so much they guiltlessly inflict their questionable tastes upon nearby commuters.
4) Inconsiderate or oversized baggage. Seriously, a Ryan Air-style limit on luggage size could be worth thinking about, TFL!
5) ‘The mobile nappers!’
6) Of course, the Starers!
It’s worse when you feel like you’ve seen them somewhere before….
7) Alarming a.m. fancy dress rarely adds to the commuting atmosphere.
8) When celestial anomalies result in a lack of protection from the elements – your one comfort on a crowded morning train!
9) The depressingly frequent and heart-wrenching sight of others who have fallen victim to the never-ending torment of public transport.
10) And finally, the people who have no excuse for taking up valuable train space at all.
Renting with easyCar saves you the trials and tribulations of public transport, whilst still offering you a great value way to travel. And if you’re in the UK, you can still get that feel-good factor of doing good for the environment and engaging in your local community by renting a car with our peer-to-peer car sharing club, easyCar Club.