Winter getaways to cure the blues
January is almost over and for many of us pay-day is just around the corner. This wet windy weather and short, cold snaps can make us all feel a touch jaded. With that in mind, getting away in February might just be the perfect antidote, whether it’s heading to the slopes or recharging your batteries in the sunshine.
Here are a selection of mid-winter destinations to whet your appetite:
1. Sharm El Sheikh: a lot cooler in February than it is at peak times but at 15-20 degrees, it might be the ideal time for those who don’t do great in the blistering heat but don’t like the cold either. It’s also a great place to scuba dive.
2. Dubai: The temperature is around 20-25 degrees in February and with the plethora of luxury hotels, great shopping, city life and beautiful beaches you could be calling your friends from the rooftop pool of your hotel around 7 hours after leaving the wet and cold UK.
3. Tenerife: Vitamin D is almost guaranteed in February. 20 degrees+ is the average temperature for the month and is bound to leave you feeling recharged.
4. The Algarve: very mild in February with the occasional t-short and shorts day. It also features fantastic golf courses and incredible food. What more could you need to beat the winter blues?
5. Chambery : use as your base and drive to any or all of these world-renowned ski resorts; Courcheval, Alpe d’huez, Chamonix and Val d’Isere.
Those are just 5 ideas to beat those winter blues and kick-start your year. We would love to hear yours…